Welcome!

I am so glad you stopped by! I do not consider myself a "Food Critic" but having grown up in the restaurant biz and liking to experience new flavors, dishes and places, I have decided to blog about my experiences. Some will not be so wonderful, while others may be revisited and talked about some more! There are so many fabulous places to eat in Ft. Pierce and the surrounding areas, I'm sure I won't run out of experiences for a long while! So pull up a chair and order a drink!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Captain's Galley

Today's adventure took me to Captain's Galley on Seaway Drive in Fort Pierce. My husband had free time and so he & I met for lunch - quite a rarity for us! Let's start with reviewing the customer service.
Customer service here was fantastic!! Our server was extremely friendly, polite and attentive without being overly so. We were made to feel like we were regular customers that they have known for years. A definite plus in my book and means I will be going back!
They are open for breakfast and lunch and we came after breakfast time, so lunch it was! The menu offered many sandwiches and fried items, but I was after something a little healthier. I have been eating a lot of salads lately so although they do offer several caesar salad options, I ordered the char-grilled dolphin with Bahamian rice and green beans. My husband got the fried clams basket which came with french fries. We both started our meal with a cup of Bahamian Conch Chowder. The chowder was filled with tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and celery, but neither of us could find any conch. It tasted mainly of the tomatoes and had no "bite" to it. But on to the main meal.
My husband's clams were fried to perfection and the fries were crisp without being over-done. As for mine, it seemed quite bland. The dolphin was cooked nicely, was flakey and yet firm, but had no seasonings on it. The green beans also needed some salt & pepper, but weren't bad. The Bahamian rice, however, was a real disappointment. I had never had any Bahamian rice before, so perhaps I just don't like it at all. It seemed like a bland Spanish rice with black-eyed peas thrown in. The highlight to the meal was a delicious homemade biscut that accompanied both of our meals.
Because of that biscut, and the awesome service, I will be going back to Captain's Galley and this time it will be for breakfast! I have seen several other reviews of this restaurant and they all rave about the breakfast, so if you get a chance, you just may want to give it a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment